Of Note: Longing for Spring
When I curate the Of Note feature, I usually start by browsing Etsy until one item catches my eye. From there I find some theme or colour or other clever thing to use as a search term to find the next 8 items. On very rare occasions I think of a snappy title even before I start searching. Sometimes the original idea makes it to the blog. Other times, as in this case, it kind of takes on a life of its own. In the end, it really comes down to what the pictures look like in the grid. It’s a bit shallow, I know. I often have to discard items I really like only because the background or the way it was shot just doesn’t fit with the rest. If I really like a particular item and am really heartbroken it has to go, I’ll usually search around the shop until I find something that fits the theme better.
I was going to call this one “Top Brass”, but the second I found the peacock pendant the chartreuse and mint started to take over. Somewhere along the way I saw a bird necklace called Longing For Spring, and as you know, I’m in a funk about the seemingly ever-present snow, so—it seemed only fitting this week’s collection would get that name.
Happy Wednesday. Happy Spring.
1. Flower Anklet from Brass Lady
2. Japanese Chiyogami Paper Tile Pendant from Tofashi
3. Sparrow Bobby Pin from Nest Pretty Things
4. Coming Home from Blue Dove Studio
5. Peacock Locket from Piper Blue
6. Cassandra from Live In Style
7. Stained Glass Leaf Pendant from Color Shoppe Stained Glass Studio
8. St. Albans, England from Urbanite Jewelry
9. Rose Pocket Watch Necklace from Ice Blues