Of Note: British Columbia
Contrary to what you may have seen during the closing ceremony for the Olympics (or the ‘lympits as they’re called in our house, as in what Samson is training for what he’s in his jolly jumper), Canadians are not obsessed with mounties, beavers, and/or lumberjacks. Over the next few weeks, Of Note will be featuring Canadian artists, so you can get a taste of what we’re really aboot. Where better to start than British Columbia?! I’ve never been west of Ontario, but I have it on good authority that BC (the interior of it, anyway) is a wonderful place. My goodness, if the scenery isn’t enough to draw you westward, perhaps these craftspeople will.
1. Paperclip Chandelier Tutorial from ReDesign Technologies, Merritt, BC.
2. Turquoise Rain Drops Earrings from Tomo Jewelry, Winfield, BC.
3. Organic Wool Diaper Cover from Wildflower Mama Designs, Kimberley, BC.
4. Corroded Cuff II from C.G. Whitfield, 100 Mile House, BC.
5. Modelling Beeswax from Twinkle of My Eye, Logan Lake, BC.
6. Subway Roll Inspired Sign “Vancouver–the Olympic City 2010” from Signs of Vintage, Kelowna, BC.
7. Barnwood Earring Frame from Paradise Hill Designs, Northwoods of BC.
8. Retro Floral Dress from Paper Doll Vintage, Vancouver, BC.
9. Aqua Aura Quartz Crystal Ring from My Little Eye by elseetee, Vancouver, BC.