Tale of two dog beds
Now that we live in a house with an upstairs and a downstairs, Addie has two beds, and her upstairs one has long been in need of a new cover. Much like the last time, I reused the zipper from the old bed, and used upholstery fabric bought on sale (the top fabric was bought specifically for this project, while the bottom was in my stash from the last time). There’s probably a more efficient way to make the patchwork top, but this being my first patchwork-type project, it was the only way I could wrap my head around it: I made a square top slightly larger than the round bottom, sewed the round bottom to the square top, then trimmed the excess. The scraps will make a lovely potholder or coaster or something like that.
The last time I made Addie a bed, someone was a bit jealous:
So when I heard Sammy’s bed was looking a little worse for wear, I offered to sew him a shnazzy new cover, in a coordinating fabric so it matches the rest of his bed.